COVID Safety at the MS Swimathon
MS Queensland is working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure we deliver the safest events possible for everyone involved.
The MS Queensland team will work with each venue to ensure the events are adhering to COVID safe conditions.
We have also introduced a range of COVID safe measures for event day that include:
- Participants must check in to each venue on arrival for the day
- Introduced hand sanitising stations at various locations around the venue
- Working with the venue to ensure all high touch point areas are cleaned frequently
- Allocating specific ends of the pool for each team to facilitate physical distancing
- Providing air pumps for teams to utilise to blow up any inflatables being used throughout the day
How can you help keep the event COVID Safe?
In order for us to help keep the event COVID Safe, we will need the help of all participants as much as possible.
Below is a list of ways that you can help us to ensure that the event remains COVID Safe:
…if you are feeling unwell, or if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste, diarrhoea, vomiting or nausea
…if you or any member of your household is currently being tested for COVID-19 and is yet to receive results
…if you or any member of your household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practitioner or who has a confirmed case of COVID-1 in the 14 days before the event
...if you or any of your household have returned from a Queensland Health declared COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- Check into the site using the QLD COVID Safe check in app.
- Ensure that you are following all relevant Government and health authority regulations around self-isolation if you have travelled in the lead up to the event.
- Follow physical distancing requirements of 1.5m for the duration of the event
- Bring your own personal hand sanitiser or use the hand sanitiser on site frequently
- Follow the directions of MS Queensland staff and volunteers
Thank you for your support for ensuring you and your fellow participants are kept as safe as possible at the MS Swimathon events.