COVID Safety at the MS Swimathon
MS Queensland is working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure we deliver the safest events possible for everyone involved.
The MS Queensland team will work with each venue to ensure the events are adhering to COVID safe conditions.
We have also introduced a range of COVID safe measures for event day that include:
- Introduced hand sanitising stations at various locations around the venue
- Working with the venue to ensure all high touch point areas are cleaned frequently
- Allocating specific ends of the pool for each team to facilitate physical distancing
- Providing air pumps for teams to utilise to blow up any inflatables being used throughout the day
How can you help keep the event COVID Safe?
In order for us to help keep the event COVID Safe, we will need the help of all participants as much as possible.
Below is a list of ways that you can help us to ensure that the event remains COVID Safe:
- Stay home…
…if you are feeling unwell, or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms including the following: cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
…if you or any member of your household has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or is yet to recieve results of a test
- Ensure that you are following all relevant Government directives around self-isolation if you have travelled in the lead up to the event.
- Follow physical distancing requirements of 1.5m for the duration of the event
- Bring your own personal hand sanitiser or use the hand sanitiser on site frequently
- Follow the directions of MS Queensland staff and volunteers
- Wear a face mask if social distancing is difficult
COVID-19 - Our promise to you
While some COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted across Queensland, there is potential for restrictions to be re-introduced. Should the event be altered or cancelled due to these changes, you can rest assured that the following options are available to you:
- Transfer your registration to another MS Swimathon in 2022, or uour chosen MS Swimathon in 2023.
- Transfer your registration fee to a tax-deductable donation to support Queenslanders living with MS or;
- Receive a full refund of your registration
MS Queensland will communicate with you via social media, email and SMS should any changes occur.