Persons entering a 2022 MS Swimathon event must agree to the following:
- I understand that participation in the 2022 MS Swimathon involves swimming relay style for 12 hours and I am aware of the hazards involved. In my judgment I/my child/my family/my team have sufficient competence and experience to participate in the event.
- During this event, I agree to abide by the rules and obey the directions of the event organiser and lifeguards on duty
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 16 at all times.
- I attest that I will follow the direction of the relevant government and health authorities as well as the direction of MS Queensland for all activities I am involved in for the MS Swimathon. This includes regulations and recommendations in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic such as social distancing, hygiene and isolation.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as briefings) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think necessary during or after the event.
- I consent to allow MS Queensland to share my /my child’s, contact, emergency and medical information that I have provided during this registration to a lifeguard or ambulance officer in attendance in the case of a medical incident. Any incidents that may occur involving myself/my child at the event will be recorded by MS Queensland.
- I consent to allow MS Queensland to share my/my child’s contact information that I have provided during this registration to Queensland Health for contact tracing purposes if required for the 2022 MS Swimathon event only.
- I have listed my/my child’s date of birth, emergency contact details, and medical or physical conditions from which I/my child may suffer that might affect my/my child’s performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
- In consideration of MS Queensland permitting me to enter and participate in the 2022 MS Swimathon and as a condition of such entry, I release MS Queensland, its servants and agents and their contractors, from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of MS Queensland its servants or agents and their contractors, in relation to the event.
- My registration is not transferable to other people, and my registration is non-refundable unless at the discretion of the event organisers. I agree that if the event is cancelled or the event format is altered due to COVID-19 elements, inclement weather or other “Acts of God”, or conditions and safety concerns outside the control of the event organiser, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall only be refundable at the discretion of MS Queensland.
- I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that the 2022 MS Swimathon is a 12-hour event and lifeguards, and directional staff may not be in place outside these hours.
- Event organisers may capture event photography and videos throughout the event. I consent to organisers photographing and videoing me in this capacity. In the case that I do not wish to be photographed, I will inform organisers before the commencement of the event.
This section sets out the terms that apply to your responsibilities in relation to keeping the event COVID Safe:
- I/my child will stay home if I/my child am feeling unwell or showing COVID-19 symptoms including the following: cough, sore throat, fatigue, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
- I/my child will stay home if I or a member of my household is currently being tested for COVID-19 and is yet to receive our test results.
- I/my child will stay home if I or a member of my household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practitioner, or who has a confirmed case of COVID 19 in the 14 days prior to the event.
- I/my child will follow any relevant Government and health authority regulations and recommendations around self-isolation in the lead up to the 2022 MS Swimathon.
- I/my child will follow the physical distancing rules and ensure 1.5m between me/my family and other participants where practicable at all times.
- I/my child will follow the direction of any event staff or volunteers in relation to physical distancing, or other COVID Safe measures put in place by event organiser
This section sets out terms that apply to your use of the MS Swimathon website. Your continued use of our website indicates to MS Queensland that you agree with these General Terms. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check regularly:
- Content created by MS Swimathon: MS Queensland owns or licenses from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists on our website. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos or other material on our website unless you have our specific permission. For the avoidance of doubt, you have permission to download material form the Downloads page on our website. For permission to reproduce material please contact MS Queensland directly.
- Content posted by you: Any content that you post to our website (eg. Photos or videos) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (eg. Obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary). By posting any content, you also give MS Queensland a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce the content.
- Keeping our website safe: We need your help to keep our website safe. Therefore, you must adhere to the following: a) You must not collect user’s content using automated means; b) You must not upload viruses, or other malicious code; c) You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent.
- I/my child hereby gives MS Queensland and those acting with MS Queensland permission and the irrevocable right to take my/my child’s image and use/or copyright these images of me/my child, in all forms and media and in all manners including alterations and composite representations, to promote the event without restriction and compensation to the participant.
- I certify that I am 18 years or older and I have read this document and fully understand it. I agree to the above and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.
- I certify that I am 18 years or older and the parent or legal guardian of the participant. I have read this document and fully understand it. I agree to the above on behalf of my child and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.
- I understand that when I register another participant for this event, I must have their authority as guardian, or their express consent to accept the Terms and Conditions of participation in the event on their behalf.