Imagine waking up not knowing whether you will be able to cross the road, go to work, or look after the kids today. Every case of MS is unique, and the symptoms, severity, and progress of the disease are different for everyone. MS can affect the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves, and can cause problems with vision, balance, muscle control, and other basic body functions.
At MS Queensland, we provide care, support and hope. This support includes:
- The NeuroAssist infoline, giving people hope in their darkest time
- Accommodation, giving a home to young Queenslanders across the state, keeping them out of aged care
- Regional information sessions, enabling people in regional areas feel empowered and connected
- Wellbeing Centres, helping more people access exercise classes and physiotherapy close to their home
- A skilled and compassionate team of Service Coordinators, giving families confidence their loved one would get the vital services they need to live their best life.
Most importantly, through your commitment and dedication – you have joined our vision to ensure that no one faces MS alone.
WHY FUNDRAISING IS IMPORTANT
The money raised by the wonderful swimmers in our MS Swimathon events helps to fund the vital services and support for people in the local communities living with MS. While your registration fee helps to cover the cost of hosting a public event, we rely on your fundraising to help support the MS community.
It is thanks to fantastic individuals getting involved and helping to raise much-needed funds for nearly 4000 Queenslanders living with MS.
Click here to meet some inspirational people who received the devastating news of an MS diagnosis, how MS Queensland support them and hear what motivates them to live each day with positivity.
We are 100% committed to supporting you in your fundraising efforts. Whether you are new to fundraising or a seasoned pro we are here to help! Please contact us on 1300 090 923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for personalised advice and tips